The Bailey Theatre is pleased to invite applications for the part-time position of marketing/ED assistant beginning mid September.
The Trail and District Arts Council (TDAC) is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to foster the arts in Trail and District by providing services and resources to our local affiliated arts, cultural, and heritage organizations. TDAC also manages the Bailey Theatre in Trail BC under agreement with the RDKB according to the Bailey Theatre Business Plan.
TDAC has been presenting shows for over 45 years and are committed to bringing diverse and well-rounded professional programming to the region. The Marketing person’s primary responsibility is to plan and implement the marketing and audience engagement strategies.
Applicants should have strong writing, social media and graphic design skills.
POSITION: Marketing and Executive Director Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Executive Director (ED)
This person is responsible for the marketing of The Bailey Theatre, the Trail and District Arts Council and its programs to the outside world as well as taking on other tasks delegated by the Executive Director.
As such s/he will:
1. Plan, implement, improve, track and report on marketing initiatives.
2. Improve the theatre’s market position.
- Devise and implement marketing and audience engagement strategies
- Keep TDAC website maintained and up to date
- Do Poster, flyer and program design work and distribution.
- Prepare displays around building that pertain to TDAC events
- Manage Facebook, Instagram and Google+ pages and post regularly
- Write press releases and send information to newsletters; post on websites
- Write copy for advertising
- Prepare and deliver Radio interviews etc..
- Keep the Electronic Message Board up to date with upcoming events, respond to inquiries and invoice clients
- Sub for Box Office staff, and Guest Service Manager when needed
- Field phone calls and return messages/respond to emails
- Do research as delegated by the ED
- Draft documents, reports and letters as needed
Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to:
The Trail and District Arts Council by email to email@example.com
Applications must be received by August 11
Hours: 16 Hours a week
Wage: $20 /hour