- This event has passed.
The Bailey Theatre1501 Cedar Avenue
Trail, BC V1R 4C7
Phone: (250) 368-9669
Cheng² Duo – Streaming Performance
April 24 @ 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm
TDAC’s 6 Beats Apart Series presents
The Cheng² Duo – Streaming Performance
New Date! SATURDAY April 24, 2021 at 7:15 pm with Pick-Your-Price ticketing!
Due to ongoing provincial health restriction on events and travel, we are unable to present the Cheng² Duo at The Bailey Theatre as an in-person performance on Sunday April 25th. Ticket holders to the original April 25th shows have been notified by email. Contact our box office at firstname.lastname@example.org to convert your tickets to streaming tickets or to request a refund.
Pick Your Price Ticketing! Choose to pay anywhere between $0 – $50 for your virtual ticket. Only one ticket is needed per screen. Everyone in your household can watch the show on one virtual ticket! Our pricing recommendation is $10/person.
About Cheng² Duo
Named one of CBC Music’s “30 hot Canadian classical musicians under 30”, the dynamic Cheng² Duo has been making music together for the past 17 years. Captivating audiences and critics alike, the Chinese-Canadian brother-and-sister duo has uncompromising musical integrity, undeniable chemistry, and unparalleled communication with its listeners.
Cheng² Duo (pronounced Cheng Squared Duo) was formed by award-winning 23-year-old cellist Bryan Cheng and pianist Silvie Cheng. Bryan, Grand Prize Winner of the 2019 Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal and 2020 Bader & Overton Competitions, and Sylvie, recipient of the Roy M. Rubinstein Award for exceptional promise in piano performance, are in the vanguard of creative programming, commissioning nearly a dozen new works, as well as curating cross-disciplinary concert experiences.With a wide-ranging repertoire from baroque to contemporary, original arrangements inspired by folk music to new commissioned works, Bryan and Silvie are equally committed to presenting both traditional masterworks and the music of their time. The duo has presented engaging recitals in concert halls throughout the world and been featured at numerous international festivals, including Aspen (Colorado), Trasimeno (Italy), Usedom (Germany) and Festival of the Sound (Ontario).
Cheng² Duo has released a trilogy of critically acclaimed albums on the German label audite: “Russian Legends” (2019, one of BBC Radio Scotland’s Albums of the Week), “Violonchelo del fuego” (2018), and “Violoncelle français” (2016), which was selected as one of WCRB Classical Radio Boston’s top CDs of 2017. The duo’s recordings have been lauded for their “phenomenal virtuosity”, “maturity and perfection”, “extremely imaginative and personal interpretation”, “taste, sure flair for phrasing, and tonal beauty”.
Tickets may be purchased online 24/7 or by calling the Box Office at 250-368-9669 from Monday to Friday 12-4 pm. On show day, our box office will be open for sales and technical support starting at 6:30 pm.
How to Access the Streaming Show:
1. Go to the Bailey Theatre’s ticketing website thebailey.ca
2. Click on ‘log in’ located in the upper right corner of the page
3. Log in by entering your user name and password. Your user name is your email address..the same one that this email is addressed to. If you don’t remember your password or have never set up a password, click thet password reset button. You will receive a password reset email from our system that will allow you to reset your password. This can take up to 30 minutes. You can also call us at the box office and we will send you a password reset email.
4. Click on the ‘Tickets for Upcoming Performances” box under the My Patron Services column. A new page will open with a list of your shows.
5. Find the Cheng² Duo Streaming show and click on the WATCH button.
6. This wll take you to a black ‘screen’ . If the show hasn’t started, you will see a white stripe in the middle of the screen and a (very hard to see)‘starting soon’ message. If it is after 7:15 pm on show day, just press play and you’ll be able to see our Bailey Theatre slide show.
7. At 7:30 on show day, the performance will begin.
8. Sit back and enjoy the show!
Can’t see the Show?
If the Bailey Theatre is experiencing technical difficulties, we will send you an email immediately with information on what to expect next. We will send you another email when we have resolved the issue and the show has commenced.
If you have NOT received a ‘techncial difficulties’ email from us and you are still not able to see the show, call us at the Box Office 250-368-9669 or email us at email@example.com.
Our 6 Beats Apart Series is sponsored by Kootenay Savings Credit Union, Century 21, McEwan Law, Trail Beer Refinery and Teck Metals Ltd. Our programming is made possible thanks to funding from the Government of British Columbia, BC Arts Council, BC Touring Council, Canadian Heritage, and the Vancouver Foundation.