- This event has passed.
The Bailey Theatre1501 Cedar Avenue
Trail, BC V1R 4C7
Phone: (250) 368-9669
Harry Manx – Live From the Bailey
March 27 @ 7:15 pm - 8:25 pm
TDAC’s 6 Beats Apart Series presents
Harry Manx – Now a Live Stream from The Bailey Theatre
Saturday, March 27, 2021 – Virtual Doors at 7:15 pm with show starting at 7:30 pm
Pick Your Price Ticketing! Choose to pay anywhere between $15 – $70 for your virtual ticket. Only one ticket is needed per screen. Everyone in your household can watch the show on one virtual ticket! Our pricing recommendation is $15/person.
Due to provincial health orders, we are unable to have an in-person audience for the Harry Manx performance. Instead we will be Live Straming the show. Ticket holders with in-person tickets who would like to join us for the Live Stream performance, please email or call the Box Office and we will convert your ‘in person’ ticket(s) to a ‘virtual’ ticket. For ticket holders who are not interested or able to attend the LIVE STREAM, we will issue a full refund back to your credit card. Please contact our Box Office before 4 pm on Wednesday March 24, 2021 to convert your tickets or request a refund for ‘in person’ tickets. Contact us at email@example.com or 250-368-9669.
About Harry Manx
Blend Indian folk melodies with slide guitar blues, add a sprinkle of gospel and throw in some compelling grooves. It’s a recipe that goes down easy and leaves you hungry for more. “Mysticssippi” blues man Harry Manx has been called an “essential link” between the music of East and West, creating musical short stories that wed the tradition of the Blues with the depth of classical Indian ragas. He has created a unique sound that is hard to forget and deliciously addictive to listen to.
Harry forged his distinctive style by studying at the feet of the masters. First as a sound man in the blues clubs of Toronto, where he worked with a slew of blues legends, and then under a rigorous tutelage with Vishwa Mohan Bhatt in India. Harry played slide guitar for many years before meeting Bhatt in Rajasthan, but he started at the beginning under Bhatt’s tutelage, unlearning most of what he knew about playing a slide instrument. Bhatt invented the 20-stringed Mohan Veena, which has become Harry’s signature instrument, and his teachings led to Harry’s exploration of the connection between Indian ragas and blues scales, which eventually led to the Indo-blues hybrid that has become his style.
Manx believes that “Like many people I’m interested in my own development as a person and that’s represented in my songs, I’m searching for truth through art and spirituality. My songs are a synthesis of everything I’ve absorbed, all my experiences and I share that. I’m glad that it means something to people.”
Manx is a prolific artist, releasing 12 albums in a 12-year span with no signs of stopping. He has received seven Maple Blues Awards, six Juno nominations, the Canadian Folk Music Award in 2005 for Best Solo Artist and won CBC Radio’s “Great Canadian Blues Award” in 2007. His most recent original release, “Om Suite Ohm” was voted by the Montreal daily La Presse as one of only 4 CDs to watch for in 2013. Guitar Player Magazine called it “his most fully realized work to date”.
Tickets may be purchased online 24/7 or by calling the Box Office at 250-368-9669 from Monday to Friday 12-4 pm.
How to Access the Livestream Show:
1. Go to the Bailey Theatre’s ticketing website thebailey.ca
2. Click on ‘log in’ located in the upper right corner of the page
3. Log in by entering your user name and password. Your user name is your email address..the same one that this email is addressed to. If you don’t remember your password or have never set up a password, click thet password reset button. You will receive a password reset email from our system that will allow you to reset your password. This can take up to 30 minutes. You can also call us at the box office and we will send you a password reset email.
4. Click on the ‘Tickets for Upcoming Performances” box under the My Patron Services column. A new page will open with a list of your shows.
5. Find the Harry Manx Livestream show and click on the WATCH button.
6. This wll take you to a black ‘screen’ . If the show hasn’t started, you will see a white stripe in the middle of the screen and a (very hard to see)‘starting soon’ message. If it is after 7:15 pm on show day, just press play and you’ll be able to see our Bailey Theatre slide show.
7. At 7:30 on show day, the performance will begin.
8. Sit back and enjoy the show!
Can’t see the Show?
If The Bailey theatre is experiencing technical difficulties, we will send you an email immediately with information on what to expect next. We will send you another email when we have resolved the issue and the show has commenced.
If you have NOT received a ‘techncial difficulties’ email from us and you are still not able to see the show, call us at the Box Office 250-368-9669 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On show night, our staff will be in the Box Office from 6:30 – 9:00 pm. to provide technical support. You can reach us at 250-368-9669.
Our 6 Beats Apart Series is sponsored by Kootenay Savings Credit Union, Century 21, McEwan Law, Trail Beer Refinery and Teck Metals Ltd. Our programming is made possible thanks to funding from the Government of British Columbia, BC Arts Council, BC Touring Council, Canadian Heritage, and the Vancouver Foundation.